- What information of yours does AmpliPhi Biosciences collect?
- What are “cookies” and how does AmpliPhi Biosciences use them?
- How does AmpliPhi Biosciences use the information it collects?
- With whom does AmpliPhi Biosciences share the information that is collected?
- Inquiries and Complaints
Contact information for questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
AmpliPhi Biosciences Corporation
3579 Valley Centre Drive, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92130
1. What information of yours does AmpliPhi Biosciences collect?
The goal of this Website is to provide you with the information and resources that are most relevant and useful to those interested in our products. To achieve this goal, AmpliPhi Biosciences sometimes needs to collect information to understand what differentiates you from its other users. We collect two types of information from you, “anonymous information” and “personally identifiable information.”
Anonymous information refers to information that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of any individual.
In addition to anonymous data, AmpliPhi Biosciences may also collect personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. Most of the personal information is gathered when you register for our E-mail Alerts.
If you contact AmpliPhi Biosciences, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your email address. We use that information so that we may respond to that email, and for future reference.
We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
To make our Website more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
2. What are “cookies” and how does AmpliPhi Biosciences use them?
3. How does AmpliPhi Biosciences use the information it collects from you?
Any personal information you provide to AmpliPhi Biosciences on this Website is maintained and accessible only by AmpliPhi Biosciences and its authorized agents and business partners, unless specifically stated otherwise.
The following are examples of how AmpliPhi Biosciences may use the information it collects.
- AmpliPhi Biosciences may provide you with customer support and information on new Products as they become available.
- We may use the aggregate data collected to better improve our Website and user-experience.
- AmpliPhi Biosciences may send you email or otherwise contact you about products that we feel may be of interest to you, including, without limitation notification of certain financial information and other communications. You may opt-out of any AmpliPhi Biosciences communication at any time. AmpliPhi Biosciences also uses aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our registered visitors, to measure user demographics and interests regarding this Website, and to analyze how and where best to use our resources.
- AmpliPhi Biosciences may, from time to time, use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements to its Products and Services.
- We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Website navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.
4. With whom does AmpliPhi Biosciences share the information that is collected?
You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage, and processing of your information may be undertaken by trusted vendors, agents, or service providers of AmpliPhi Biosciences. Such vendors are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties.
In the event AmpliPhi Biosciences sells assets (or the assets of a division or subsidiary) to another entity, including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy, or if AmpliPhi Biosciences (or a division or subsidiary) is acquired by, or merged with, another entity, we may provide to such entity customer and visitor information (both aggregate and personally identifiable) that is related to that part of the business that was sold to or merged with the other entity.
5. Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of your information on our Website:
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
6. Security of Your Personal Information
AmpliPhi Biosciences is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while AmpliPhi Biosciences uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Inquiries and Complaints
If you have any concern about privacy at AmpliPhi Biosciences, please send us a thorough description of your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address above, and we will try to resolve it.
9. Third Party Websites